Angular 8 (with TypeScript)
Indianapolis | February 11 – 13, 2020
Angular 1.0 has now been replaced by what the Angular team refers to as merely Angular. Angular brings together some of the most promising new technologies in the webspace like Components, Observables, Window.fetch, all the while bundling together a set of “best” practices like dependency injection in one development stack.
If you are looking to build powerful single-page applications, then Angular is your friend. In this workshop, we will start from the ground up and make our way through a simple application that will let us explore the various constructs and familiarize ourselves with some of the new terminologies in Angular.
February 11 – 13, 2020
8:30am – 4:30pm EST
8415 Allison Point Blvd | First Floor | Conference Room | Indianapolis, IN 46250
$1700 per person
Contact for Registration, Payment, and Questions:
Rebecca Dean, firstname.lastname@example.org. E-gineering will accept payment via corporate check or ACH. Payment in full on or before February 11, 2020.
This three-day workshop will focus on Angular 8
In this workshop, we will get down and dirty with Angular. We will start with the very basics of how to bootstrap our Angular application and work slowly towards making REST-ful AJAX requests to a backend. Workshop topics include:
- Introduction to TypeScript
- Creating Angular components
- The nuts and bolts of NgModule
- Creating component hierarchies
- Using the Angular style guide for naming and project layout
- Directives like *ngFor and *ngIf
- @Inputs and @Outputs
- Dependency Injection Services
- Component lifecycle
- Ajax using HTTP and Observables
- Smart vs. Dumb components
- Routes, routing, and the router-outlet
- Forms (template and reactive)
- Unit/Integration/E2E testing
As we proceed along with the workshop, we will also learn to use established best practices around organizing our project and files, as well as learn to use the Angular CLI to aid in our development flow.