Automated Test Developer
We strongly believe that quality cannot be tested into a system. It must be designed into a system. How can we make this determination? How do we know when a system is good enough to deploy? We need qualified software testers to validate when the requirements of the deployment are met. We also believe strongly in embedding our testers in the development teams. This allows us to identify potential issues faster and earlier in the development process.
Here’s what we are seeking in a candidate:
- Individuals with a passion for software development. Our best candidates are not merely manual testers that have an interest in automated testing. They are not folks that “configure” scripts that were recorded so that they can be run again.
- Our automated testers are familiar with and regularly use software development design patterns that promote object-oriented best practices in their automated tests. Writing “good” automated tests puts the focuses on making them more manageable.
- Test quality is paramount. The ability to write solid, well-organized tests that can be rerun with minimal maintenance is critical to realizing the true value in automated testing.
- Comfort level with multiple programming languages.
- Experience working in Agile development teams.
- E-gineering is a consulting company, which requires a special skill set. See this series of articles to learn more.
Here’s the kind of stuff we do:
- Work as collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Build mobile apps and provide consulting for companies interested in moving into the mobile space
- Build reactive user interfaces and single-page applications
- Continuous integration practices
- DevOps culture
- Build event-driven distributed systems
- Break down monolithic applications into microservices to address scoping and delivery concerns
- Domain-driven design
- Cloud deployment and migration
Here are some of the things we value:
- We do our best to conduct ourselves with integrity in all things.
- Serving our clients is our passion.
- We believe agile practices provide the best way to deliver quality software solutions.
- We believe work-life balance is the key to happy, productive employees.
- We believe people should have opportunities to try new technologies and roles. We reject pigeon-holing, preferring to help people identify and develop their passions.
- We provide continuous education opportunities for people interested in growing professionally.
- We value an environment that is welcoming to family and friends, where employees can have fun and be a part of a vibrant and diverse community.