June 19th & 20th
Modern Swift development utilizes many forms of asynchronous programming including closures and completion handlers. These APIs can become problematic when multiple operations are used, error handling is required or control flow gets complicated. The Modern Swift Concurrency model introduces a mechanism for writing natural, efficient asynchronous code necessary for building highly-concurrent systems. This course is a hands-on introduction to the syntax and APIs that make up this framework. You’ll learn when and how to use async/await, how to replace delegates and closure-based APIs, how to protect shared mutable state, and more.
Join us for 2 days as we cover the following topics:
- The basics of Async, Await, Task, and Main Actor
- Utilizing the Swift Concurrency Instrument
- Working with Continuations
- Iterating with Streams & Sequences
- Structured Concurrency using AsyncLet, TaskGroups, and Actors
Daniel Steinberg with Dim Sum Thinking.
Daniel will be the featured speaker at Indy Cocoaheads the evening of June 20th. RSVP here.