Duties and responsibilities
- Design and develop applications using modern web technologies
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Focus on delivering business value for clients, not just completing projects
- Articulate trade-offs, risks, and support requirements associated with technical solutions or feature requests
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Lead junior developers and participate in their career growth
Requirements and qualifications
- Comfort level working with others on a development team includes respect for other team members. We believe the best software teams can write quality software without toxicity. Candidates should be willing to help other developers and possess the humility to seek help when needed.
- Passion for technology and continuous learning
- Experience with Agile methodologies, especially Scrum
- Experience designing and architecting applications in a modern front-end ecosystem (React, Angular, Vue, etc.)
- Experience with end-to-end testing tools and designing test systems
- Experience with CI/CD and delivering software to production environments through efficient development pipelines
- Ability to work with business stakeholders to design UI workflows and wireframe potential designs
- Ability to provide and iterate through UI designs
- Ability to develop/design a mobile-first, responsive web application
- Experience integrating authentication and token-based AuthN/AuthZ systems
- Experience leading and coaching junior front-end developers
E-gineering (EG) is an employee-owned software consulting company established in Indianapolis, Indiana (2000). We believe true consulting is a heart for serving people, hands working with excellence, and minds fixed on integrity.
We stand behind our work, always do what is right, and risk the consequences.
E-gineering is an extremely flat organization. We don’t have official titles and, as such, don’t have a promotion “ladder.” We value continuous improvement and honing our skills so that we’re equipped to meet the needs of our customers.
At E-gineering, we don’t pay commission on sales because it’s a team effort. An interest and desire to pitch in on business development activities are a must-have for this role. We engage our technical experts early in the sales cycle to establish trust and provide input for proposals and staffing models.
We value solid engineering practices as a critical component of delivering high-quality solutions for our clients. In-depth experience in technology is essential for this role.
A lot of it. This role is about delivery and is very client-focused. In addition to pre-sales support, the expectation is that there is much boots-on-the-ground work assisting individuals and teams. The person who fills this role enjoys being an integral part of delivery work for our clients.
We hire folks with varying levels of experience. We rely on our senior technologists to guide and mentor less experienced people in engineering, process, and soft skills. Safety culture is essential here at E-gineering. We define leadership as helping others become the best they can be. The person filling this role must be passionate about sharing knowledge and being an active participant in the career growth of others.
Why Join Us?
Work / Life Balance: We will ALWAYS protect a 40-hour work week. We don’t know the climate out in the rest of the world, but we wouldn’t assume that other companies won’t prioritize productivity and total work over your personal life.
Best Place to Work: We haven’t been around forever, but we have a 20+ year history of acting the same way and prioritizing employee satisfaction over anything else. For over 12 years, we have been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Indiana and consistently rank in the top 3.
Grace: It’s not a question of IF tough times are coming to each of us personally, but WHEN. We get it. When life turns hard, work is at best a blur and at worst a crippling, stressful distraction from what’s important. We try to give as much grace in these situations as is possible, and then some. If you haven’t been in these situations before, bless you, but if you have, you know how important it is to have the freedom to take care of your family and yourself without worrying about how you will get your work done. We always try to keep that in focus.
Here are some of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: EG Pays 100% of the premium for employees AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 5% match with immediate vesting
- Employee Owned: EG is a 100% employee-owned company. We allocate shares of the company each year to employees. As the company increases in value, so do your shares.
- Generous paid time off
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Home office allowance: EG will give you a stipend to set up your office