We strongly believe that quality cannot be tested into a system. It must be designed into a system. How can we make this determination? How do we know when a system is good enough to deploy? We need qualified software testers to validate when the requirements of the deployment are met. We also believe strongly in embedding our testers in the development teams. This allows us to identify potential issues faster and earlier in the development process.
Interested in this role?
Here’s what we are seeking in a candidate:
- Individuals who are mature enough to have difficult conversations. Stress can be high at the end of a software development project. Deliverables may already be late, expectations may be askew and the tester is being asked “when will you be done testing?” There is no mention of the fact that the build you received yesterday was scheduled to be available for testing two weeks ago. Difficult conversations for a QA Tester are rooted in discrepancies. When the tester finds a discrepancy between a requirement and an application feature they need to communicate this to other folks who normally do not want to hear it.
- Experience working in Agile development teams.
- Experience with risk-based testing. We define risk based testing as using key measurements of risk to determine how best to verify the intended use of the system. Testing types may include automated tests, manual tests, or exploratory charters.
- QA Testers should be technical “enough.” We do not expect our QA Testers to be developers, but the more development experience testers have, the better they can triage issues they find.
- QA Testers should have an inquisitive mind. They need the ability to understand how something is supposed to work and then imagine alternative paths a user may take in the system. Users often come up with issues the development team never considered. A good QA Tester can think like the user and anticipate alternative use cases.
- E-gineering is a consulting company, which requires a special skill set. See this series of articles to learn more.
Here’s the kind of stuff we do:
- Work as collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Build mobile apps and provide consulting for companies interested in moving into the mobile space
- Build reactive user interfaces and single-page applications
- Continuous integration practices
- DevOps culture
- Build event-driven distributed systems
- Break down monolithic applications into microservices to address scoping and delivery concerns
- Domain-driven design
- Cloud deployment and migration
Here are some of the things we value:
- We do our best to conduct ourselves with integrity in all things.
- Serving our clients is our passion.
- We believe agile practices provide the best way to deliver quality software solutions.
- We believe work-life balance is the key to happy, productive employees.
- We believe people should have opportunities to try new technologies and roles. We reject pigeon-holing, preferring to help people identify and develop their passions.
- We provide continuous education opportunities for people interested in growing professionally.
- We value an environment that is welcoming to family and friends, where employees can have fun and be a part of a vibrant and diverse community.