Our people work on a wide variety of projects, but we always bring a passion to serve and deliver quality software. Whether we are helping to guide strategy for an industry leader, playing a role in launching an IoT startup, or providing valuable assistance to a non-profit organization, we bring high-quality software expertise to bear for our clients.
Here’s what we are seeking in a candidate:
- We believe in servant leadership. A leader at E-gineering consistently leads with integrity and conviction; serves without being passive, guides without commanding, and is vigilant without being adversarial.
- We are looking for Project Leaders that are open and honest about issues and what is being done to address them. Every software project has issues. When these issues are ignored, they get worse. A successful project leader will recognize barriers to communication and replace them with timely, truthful, and reasoned information. We foster an environment that builds an expectation that issues will be resolved and each member of the team can be relied upon to do their part.
- We sincerely believe that the best project leaders are those that regularly assess the health of the project by understanding the well-being of the people on the team. The project leader looks for known behaviors that can lead to poor work-life balance, training deficiencies, misunderstood expectations or other issues that disrupt the well being of the team, and then actively pursues ways to resolve them.
- We also believe in frequent discussions with the customer to ensure that evolving requirements and the reasons for them are understood by each member of the team. We work hard to address all concerns, live within constraints and complete all work with quality and integrity.
- A successful Project Leader not only helps the team to get the job done, but also asks the hard questions about the work that is not done. Many projects should never have been completed. Many applications contain features that are rarely used. We emphasize an Agile approach that produces the “Minimum Viable Product” to discover as quickly as possible what works and what doesn’t.
- A project can succeed or fail due to the wise use of time, money and focus. Sometimes, a Project Leader must say no to requests that can impact the ability of the team to do their best, so that they can then offer a resounding yes, the project has been completed, the requirements have been met, and the need has been satisfied.
- Ultimately, it comes down to this, we are looking for Project Leaders that care about the people they work with, the customers they serve, the products they deliver, and about doing the right thing at the right time with honor and integrity. If that describes you, let’s talk!
- E-gineering is a consulting company, which requires a special skill set. See this series of articles to learn more.
Here’s the kind of stuff we do:
- Work as collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Build mobile apps and provide consulting for companies interested in moving into the mobile space
- Build reactive user interfaces and single-page applications
- Continuous integration practices
- DevOps culture
- Build event-driven distributed systems
- Break down monolithic applications into microservices to address scoping and delivery concerns
- Domain-driven design
- Cloud deployment and migration
Here are some of the things we value:
- We do our best to conduct ourselves with integrity in all things.
- Serving our clients is our passion.
- We believe agile practices provide the best way to deliver quality software solutions.
- We believe work-life balance is the key to happy, productive employees.
- We believe people should have opportunities to try new technologies and roles. We reject pigeon-holing, preferring to help people identify and develop their passions.
- We provide continuous education opportunities for people interested in growing professionally.
- We value an environment that is welcoming to family and friends, where employees can have fun and be a part of a vibrant and diverse community.