Our people work on a wide variety of projects, but we always bring a passion to serve and deliver quality software. Whether we are helping to guide strategy for an industry leader, playing a role in launching an IoT startup, or providing valuable assistance to a non-profit organization, we bring high-quality software expertise to bear for our clients.
The Software Architect role at E-gineering is filled by software experts, leaders, and strategic consultants. Role responsibilities may include:
- Guiding design choices on a project
- Facilitating decision-making in conjunction with clients and project teams
- Involvement with continuing education of other employees
- Research and exploration of new technology trends
- Pre-sales consulting
- Guiding organizational standards for tools, coding, and technical principles
Here’s what we are seeking in a candidate:
- Working knowledge on a breadth of topics, including:
- API Design
- Integration Patterns
- Data Architecture
- Information Security
- Cloud Platforms
- Agile Principles
- Buy vs. Build Analysis
- Testing Strategies
- Understanding of how to navigate organizational challenges at an enterprise architect level. Experience driving design across and within bounded contexts. Understanding how to remove organizational obstacles so that implementers can work more efficiently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical business professionals and technical professionals.
- Ability to articulate technical values and priorities to business stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Strong leadership skills. E-gineering espouses a mentorship philosophy, so the expectation is to guide less experienced people and develop their skills and qualities.
- E-gineering is a consulting company, which requires a special skill set. See this series of articles to learn more.
Here’s the kind of stuff we do:
- Work as collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Build mobile apps and provide consulting for companies interested in moving into the mobile space
- Build reactive user interfaces and single-page applications
- Continuous integration practices
- DevOps culture
- Build event-driven distributed systems
- Break down monolithic applications into microservices to address scoping and delivery concerns
- Domain-driven design
- Cloud deployment and migration
Here are some of the things we value:
- We do our best to conduct ourselves with integrity in all things.
- Serving our clients is our passion.
- We believe agile practices provide the best way to deliver quality software solutions.
- We believe work-life balance is the key to happy, productive employees.
- We believe people should have opportunities to try new technologies and roles. We reject pigeon-holing, preferring to help people identify and develop their passions.
- We provide continuous education opportunities for people interested in growing professionally.
- We value an environment that is welcoming to family and friends, where employees can have fun and be a part of a vibrant and diverse community.