Our people work on a wide variety of projects, but we always bring a passion to serve and deliver quality software. Whether we are helping to guide strategy for an industry leader, playing a role in launching an IoT startup, or providing valuable assistance to a non-profit organization, we bring high-quality software expertise to bear for our clients.
What is a development lead?
Our projects often require a person in a Development Lead role in order to guide projects to successful ends. Here are some examples of the kinds of things a development lead does:
- Serves as a point of contact for clients
- Mentors less experienced team members
- Helps make strategic decisions
Here’s what we are seeking in a candidate:
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and other non-development stakeholders. Often a development lead will be the primary point of contact for clients, management, QA staff, and operations team members. Being able to handle communication responsibilities with multiple stakeholders is critical.
- A practitioner of agile principles. Agile projects can devolve into waterfall lite projects if they are not carefully managed. We need development leadership that can foster these projects and guide project teams in the practices that insure success.
- Development leads often play an application architecture role. This means guiding the team in decision making around code design, considering non-functional requirements and functional requirements, and evaluating trade-offs.
- Leads should be comfortable reviewing other team members’ designs and code and providing feedback in a respectful manner.
- E-gineering is a consulting company, which requires a special skill set. See this series of articles to learn more.
Here’s the kind of stuff we do:
- Work as collaborative, blended development teams rapidly delivering software using agile principles
- Build mobile apps and provide consulting for companies interested in moving into the mobile space
- Build reactive user interfaces and single-page applications
- Continuous integration practices
- DevOps culture
- Build event-driven distributed systems
- Break down monolithic applications into microservices to address scoping and delivery concerns
- Domain-driven design
- Cloud deployment and migration
Here are some of the things we value:
- We do our best to conduct ourselves with integrity in all things.
- Serving our clients is our passion.
- We believe agile practices provide the best way to deliver quality software solutions.
- We believe work-life balance is the key to happy, productive employees.
- We believe people should have opportunities to try new technologies and roles. We reject pigeon-holing, preferring to help people identify and develop their passions.
- We provide continuous education opportunities for people interested in growing professionally.
- We value an environment that is welcoming to family and friends, where employees can have fun and be a part of a vibrant and diverse community.